Wednesday 9 January 2013




1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.

First I traced the darkest parts of the picture onto tracing paper. Next I heavily colored the back of the tracing paper and layed it down on my sketch book. Then I retraced the lines I had done earlier and it appeared on my sketch book. After that i filled in where i missed a couple of important details. Finally I started to shade the picture using the mini value chart I had.

2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?

I held up my mini value chart to the photo and matched the shades of the picture to the shades of the value chart. Then i looked at the shadows to see and find the darkest places.

3. Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait? How?

I dont think i did the best on this piece and the values are probably the reason why. i was either too light or too dark.

4. Describe your craftsmanship. Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?

I personally think my self portrait isn’t that good. It is neat in most parts but i messed up the mouth pretty bad.

5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
I had to over come the shading and shading the grays in the middle and not just the light and dark ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment