Monday 22 October 2012

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
 I did good on this project, especially since this was my first time printmaking. The colors that I chose work well together and look good.
 
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture and contrast by adding spots to the coral. Also I put lines on the fish's fins to add texture and make them look better.
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I used positive and negative space by putting a line that separates the fish from its fins. I feel that a few of the serparating lines should have been a little bigger to show that the coral and the fish are not connected.
 
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
In my opinion i did a pretty good job on this print. I really liked how it turned out and wouldn't change much.
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
I feel that i showed depth in the fore, middle, and background. I drew the coral behind the fish in some parts and made them overlap to add depth.
6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
The biggest obstacle in my opinion was that you never knew how it was going to turn out in the end after you carved it out. Also that once you cut something out, you couldn't undo it. But this was much more fun and a interesting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment